Sunday, July 4, 2010

Go God!

So today I had an amazing time at church...God power was moving all throughout that place from the time the service began till the time it ended. As I type this diary entry I'm starting to get excited all over again!! Whew! lol I'm excited to know a God that's so FAITHFUL!!!

Ok now before I get too excited let me fill yall in on what I'm excited about...haha...At church, today's message was called "Repositioned to Reap." Now what is the first thing that pops in your head when you hear the word "REAP"....now let me see if I could guess what it was

...*thinkingggg thinkingggg*...


mmm....Was it MONEY?!?!?!?!?!?!....lol If it wasn't CONGRATULATIONS, you're a rare breed...especially in this society! Now although reaping money is wonderful (and I definitely need that too)...I personally had been asking God to reposition my heart. I remember a time in my life when I relentless trusted and loved God and I wanted that back...a pure heart towards the Lord with no hidden motives or agendas...just me loving Him for who He is alone...and trusting that He, MY CREATOR (ok so He's yours too lol...my bad, how selfish of me), will lead me in His will, allow me in His presences, and take care of every ounce of need I have...but before He could do this...I had to follow the Matt 6:33 instructions...

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Thinking back on the time that I did relentlessly love and trust God, I realize that that was at an immature point in life when I had to worry about nothing but loving Him...but now I'm older...about to graduate from college and take on this road called "Adulthood" or what I like to call the "Pay yo OWN bills" road....lol

I haven't paid many bills while in college but being 10 hours away from home, not being able to ask Daddy for money every 5 secs, I became stingy with God. Normally a giver, it started with my money...at home I'd give my last but I knew I could always get more from my parents...here...I knew that wasn't the case so I started to give less...and less...and less...now I know you're thinking "I thought we weren't talking about money"...we're not...but for me...my lack of trust in God started there...my faith got a little shaky and it started to show in other areas of my life...so lately I have been asking God for that pure heart again...that I show Him I love Him with every part of me....money, time, talent, body...you get the point

....so back to church (I'm almost threw I promise lol)...I had been believing God for that as well as a J-O-B back home. At Tuesday bible study we talked about trusting God and seeing the manifestation of what we speak...so that's what I did I spoke and trusted God for my pure heart and a JOB...but He tested my obedience...another FACTOR in reaping...YOU MUST OBEY...

...you can't just speak something and not listen to God or walk according to His word...trust me...you'll just be wasting your breath...and I'm starting to learn that when God promises you something...there's always instructions before that promise come to past...Think about Abraham...God continually gave Him instructions...and a lot of times those instructions were EXTREMEEE...but Abraham trusted God and obeyed and well guess what...God not only blessed him but generations following him (side note: your choices don't just affect you)...so like Abraham God tested me...even though I already believed what I had spoken He challenged me to go to the alter and ask for prayer...I TOTALLY did not want to do it...I was like "But God...I already believe you...I have faith that you're going to do it!"...what I was really saying was "God pleaseeeeee don't make me embarrass myself in front of this church! And Bishop is about to do the benediction too! Awww come on God!" lol...

...I stalled for a little bit...but then my legs started to shake and I felt this uncontrollable sensation in my stomach...like God was telling me that this was essential...so I did it...and they not only prayed for me but I received a prophecy that confirmed my decision to move back home after graduation. I was completely overwhelmed because I realized that if I hadn't of moved I wouldn't have gotten that word.

...that's not even the end. A couple approached me after church who were actually from my hometown....told me that they may know someone who may be able to give me a job! My heart rejoiced in the Lord....Go God! Go God! Go! Go! Go! GO! lol

I just realized how faithful God will be if we just SEEK HIM and then OBEY His word and in this case His voice. I am so grateful to have a God who orders my steps even when I don't understand....

Anyway...I just want to encourage you to follow Matt 6:33 instructions and completely trust that God knows what He's doing with you...even when life hurts or things just don't seem to make any sense...if you are letting Him lead you He'll give you peace in the midst of the storm...or a word that will hold you over till your deliverance come...but you have to remember that He IS faithful..and I mean He made you...How can the inventor not know how to work His own invention...seriously?!?! lol...it's little things like this that show me how real God is, how faithful He is, and how He is really willing to reward those who seek Him...but remember...don't seek His hand...seek His face...

Heart's Love

ProVerbs

P.S. So was the first thing you thought about really money? lol I'm so curious haha


P.S.S. lol...Check out one of the hottest new Christian videos out...Trip Lee's The Invasion (Hero) feat. Jai (check more of Jai at www.justjai.com)

8 comments:

  1. Wow sis...this has blessed me. This was RIGHT ON TIME! Thank you for sharing!

    -Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Stuff man! God def spoke to me through this...thanks homes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think of money. I thought of happiness/ completion (lol!)
    Repositioning is something we can all benefit from, including myself! Keep preaching to me honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imani & Joe: I'm glad you guys were blessed from it.

    Lady Amba: Well you're a rare breed but I mean I already knew that girlie lol...yea sometimes we have to be repositioned and it's more so our mindset needing the change...so yea I'm glad my own experience can help others...you guys to encourage me to keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Proverb! this is really great! I am totally blessed through this, I truely am!!! I pray for that God will continue to give you more wisdom and deep insight of Him and His word! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Taiwo...first of all thanks so much for commenting girl...I appreciate you checking the blog and for the prayer..let me know if you need help setting up your blog! See you in class next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ofcourse, i really do need help! I tried to come up with one but it's just not coming up fine!lol ttyl girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok we'll get together in class one day and work on it! lol

    ReplyDelete